Education Licensure Applications

Students in our education programs, to include associate of arts programs, may be eligible to apply for a New Mexico Substitute License or New Mexico Educational Assistant License.  Individuals seeking this license will need to work directly with the district in which they are interested in being employed in this capacity in order to complete the application requirements.  Click here for the Initial Licensure Application (includes substitute, educational assistant and Level I)

Applying for an Internship (I) License? Students accepted into our alternative teacher licensure program are eligible to apply for an internship license.  In addition to the internship license application, you will need to submit official transcripts, your provisional letter of acceptance to our program, and proof of registration (or passing scores) of the NMTA Basic Skills exam.  You do not need to be registered in a reading class (this is only required for those doing the OPAL route).  In the application, you will indicate you are applying as "alternative by program".

Download the application for an internship license.